jueves, 14 de mayo de 2009

solo queda nueve dias...

14 Mayo 2009

Wow, so I have 9 days left here in Sevilla. Single digits. I still can’t believe it went by so fast (I’m sorry if you’re sick of hearing me say that!). Right now I’m trying to figure out what I still want/have to do here in Sevilla before I leave. I have been writing lots of lists! I did go to a futbol game last weekend, which was really fun. The tickets were really cheap and it was a good game – I’m so glad I went because that was something I really wanted to do while I was here. Then we went to see my friend José at the bar where he works – I wish I had gotten to know him sooner because he’s really nice but I’ve only gotten to hang out with him like 3 times and it’s already time for me to leave Spain. It was a lot harder to make Spanish friends than I thought it would be. I mean you meet a lot of people when you go out somewhere, but then keeping up the friendship? That’s the tough part, especially because I feel akward calling people I don’t really know, although it’s a lot more normal here to call someone you barely know to hang out. I just didn’t get used to that concept fast enough, I guess.

I really want to start packing because I’m a little nervous about fitting everything but this room isn’t really big enough for me to leave huge suitcases lying around. I’m finally almost done buying things for people, just a few more little things to get. Today is my last day of classes here and then I have finals next week – 3 on Monday, 1 Wednesday, and my last one on Thursday. I’m hoping they won’t be too hard, but I’m planning on spending Sunday sitting out by the river studying. The weather has been a little nicer lately, not quite as blistering hot. I do have a sunburn from last week at the beach though – I was only there for like 4 hours and I put sunscreen on 3 times and I still got burned! The sun here is just so strong.

I also can’t believe I’m only teaching English 3 or 4 more times before I leave. I love those kids so much, I’m gonna miss them. Spending time with that family has been one of my favorite parts about my regular routine this semester and it’s strange to think I may never see them again, or at least not for a few years assuming I manage to come back to Sevilla relatively soon. And by that time the two little ones won’t even remember me because they’re only 4 and 5 years old. I always leave their house in a great mood and am sad when the hour lesson is over. And I get so excited when they actually learn or understand something – I didn’t realize I would enjoy it this much! I still need to find a way to keep using my Spanish this summer when I get home – any ideas?

As much as I don’t want to leave Sevilla, I am getting very excited to go home. I’ve been away for a long time and I miss everyone very much. I actually made a list of all the things I’m excited for this summer, haha. I’m looking forward to going home (although I still don’t really have a job…) and seeing my family and friends and Bennett – everyone should plan fun things with me this summer! I am potentially having a welcome home barbecue on May 31st – I will let you all know the exact date, but you are all invited (by me at least, I don’t know about my parents, haha). See you all very soon I hope! Thanks so much to everyone who’s been reading this regularly and has sent me things or kept in touch while I’ve been here, I really appreciate it.

Here are some pictures from the last month – there may be more soon. Sorry this blog has been so rambly and all over the place – it reminds me of my old livejournal entries haha. Thanks for reading though! <3

pictures from May

1 comentario:

  1. Good luck on your finals - can't wait to have you home.

    I'm so glad you went after the english teaching thing when you got there, because it definitely sounds like one of your favorite parts of the semester.

    ResponderEliminar