jueves, 21 de mayo de 2009

20 Mayo 2009

Yesterday was my second-to-last day teaching the kids and they told me they had a present for me. I was pretty excited and had no idea what it was going to be. Maria was asking me if my bag was longer than a meter and I was like um…I have no idea. Then later they come out with my present: a meter-long sausage. It’s called salchichon and it’s like salami only better. I had tried it at their house last week and said I liked it so they bought me a huge, good quality sausage. Then the mom was joking about making sure no one steals it on the way home and then Maria got all worried that someone was gonna take it from me! So I assured her I would use it as a sword to fight off all the sausage-robbers – and I have a series of pictures of us using the salchichon as a weapon. So now I have a sausage to pack up and put in my luggage to bring home! Only in Spain…

Anyways, today is my last day with the kids and I’m SO sad to leave them. I’ve been trying to do a lot of last minute sight-seeing here in Sevilla lately but it’s been a little hard with finals to study for. I have one last final tonight (which I should be studying for right now!) and then I need to finish packing and try to enjoy my last day and nights here. I have lots of pictures from the past week:

sight seeing + salchichon

other pictures

I can't believe I'm leaving in less than 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO8DO

1 comentario:

  1. Have fun carrying the sausage around airports haha.

    That definitely wasn't what i was expecting when you said they were getting you a "big" gift.

    ResponderEliminar